To ensure the safety of our visitors, the Musée de l'Orangerie is strictly applying the security measures decided by the French authorities.
The museum is fully opened.
The introduction of carry-on luggages ("cabin luggage"), maximum format, is allowed.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and delay which may be caused by the extra security measures at the entrance.
Please note: The Walter-Guillaume Collection rooms are closed from 4 September 2019 to 31 March 2020
The Musée de l’Orangerie is upgrading and renovating the Walter-Guillaume Collection areas.
During this period, the following will be open to visitors:
- The Claude Monet Water Lilies rooms
- The temporary exhibition Félix Fénéon (1861-1944) The Modern Times, from Seurat to Matisse, from 16 October 2019 to 27 January 2020
- The Contemporary Counterpoint Patrick Tosani, Reflection and Transfixion, from 16 October 2019 to 17 February 2020.
Due to these works, the museum entrance tickets shall be set at €6.50 (concessions) instead of €9 (full rate) from 4 September to 14 October 2019 and from 29 January to 30 March 2020.
The Musée de l'Orangerie is open daily from 9am to 6pm except Tuesdays, 1 May, the morning of 14 July, and 25 December.
Last admission at 5.15pm
Museum cleared from 5.45pm
Photography in the museum
Taking photographs is permitted, as long as this does not become a visual or audible source of irritation for other visitors.
Musée de l’Orangerie
Jardin de Tuileries
Place de la Concorde (on the side of the river Seine)
In case of demonstrations or external events, for security reasons, access to the Tuileries Garden may be limited to the following entries:
- Louvre side (General Lemonnier Avenue)
- Seine / Léopold Sedar Senghor bridge
- Rue de Rivoli, level Rue de Castiglione
Metro: lines 1, 8, 12, Concorde station
Buses: lines 24, 42, 52, 72, 73, 84, 94, Concorde stop
- Place de la Concorde (corner of avenue Gabriel and place de la Concorde)
- Tuileries (38, rue du Mont Thabor)
- Pyramides (15, rue des Pyramides)
- Carrousel du Louvre (access via avenue du Général Lemonnier)
252, rue de Rivoli
- 119, rue de Lille
- 2, rue Cambon